Nashville honky-tonk crooner, James Carothers is known for his stone-country originals, spot-on impressions of several of country’s greatest icons, character band mates and a large fan base of fiercely supportive followers who love real country music. We are extremely excited and honored to feature him at the George Jones Tribute concert Sept 12!
We took a minute to find out a little more about our go-to-crooner and venue fan favorite! Here is what James Carothers had to say:
1. Where did you grow up?
“Born in Selmer, TN. Grew up in Los Alamos, NM.”
2. What music played around your house growing up?
3. When did you first notice your interest in music – and how did it start?
4. Who were your musical interests in your teens?
5. What was your first “official” gig?
6. Has there been any gig that made you feel like you “made it”?
7. What people have come into your life musically, that completely changed the course of your life and how?
8. What is your favorite George Jones song and why?
9. How has George Jones impacted your life?
10. If you could have a conversation with Possum – what would be your top three questions?
James can be found playing several shows each week at The George Jones, AJ’s Good Time Bar and a few other spots now and then in Nashville, TN when he’s not on the road, having played over 1200 public, corporate & private events since January 2015. Solo, duo, trio & full-band shows are available.
In 2019, James will be releasing a series of 12 new singles – one every month – under the banner ‘Songs and Stories.’ Previous releases include ‘Still Country, Still King: A Tribute to George Jones’ (September 2018), which debuted at #16 on the iTunes Country Chart, his first full-length original album ‘Relapse’ (May 2017) and an EP ‘Honky Tonk Land’ (June 2014).
FOR TICKETS TO THE GEORGE JONES TRIBUTE FEATURING TONY JACKSON AND JAMES CAROTHERS CLICK HERE
FOR OUR BLOG ON THE GEORGE JONES SOUND CLICK HERE
FOR OUR CALENDAR OF DATES THAT JAMES PLAYS AT THE GEORGE JONES CLICK HERE